Monday, September 12, 2011

Why this blog???


Some time I wonder what to write about and in which language. I consider myself to be an open person with all of the aspects of my life. But some of them are very private.

Do I know where to draw the line? There are probably many ethnical considerations like friends, my love life and my private life. What do you write and where do you stop.

As I live alone with lots of cats and they don't have so much to say it's easy to write about them.

Will it be boring blog then????

Anyway.......

Couple of weeks ago they put out guards outside the entrances to old town and you have to have a special sticker (Sima in greek) to get in to the old town. Between 10.00-1.00. So I have to park outside for now.

This is usually during the summer time (high tourist season). To get a sticker you have to apply for it in the Old Town's counsel. So I did. I just bought new scooter and had all the papers ready, so I thought.

(Now to the illegal part)

I moved into a house almost 2 years ago and we never signed a contract. I thought it was okay and the only problem was that the landlord would not pay taxes. That is one truth. But also it effects me as I could not deduct the rent from the tax papers so I got the landlords A.F.M number (greek social security number and could deduct the rent.

Now, I still had not the contract. So I needed that when applying for the Sima. I contacted my landlord and I fixed the papers and he had just to sign.

Last week I went to apply again for the 2nd time for the sima and now on Thursday I will find out if they will give me or not.

During that time I have to park outside.

During these weeks I have seen that for some people (many) it does not matter as they are Greeks and just pass by anyway. (I feel very much discriminated as a foreigner)
  


You remember the cat that I took from the kids outside my house. I have named him Rascal.  He is one. I have another 2 that don’t have name. One looks like mini Flekke and one is black with little bit of white. Also today I found Mathia with here 4 kids. It went fast. After long day it time for some sleep before going early to work tomorrow.

Kalinghta

No comments: