Sunday, April 10, 2011

Busy weekend

The weekend has come to an end.  It has been very nice and felt quit long. Friday evening I was home late and just watched one episode of Medium season 6 and then went to sleep. I was tired after being up early on Friday. Saturday was cloudy but nice. I spend it in my house with my cats and some cleaning. When you have about 18 cats that are running in and out all the time and bringing in lots of dirt it gets filthy quit fast inside. Then I went to Pappou for food for me. I was invited to my neighbor Louisa for a glass of rose and small talk. Then my other neighbor Verda came by with vegetables that she had from her garden. She speaks Greek and Turkish but we manage to communicate anyway. She is really nice and sweet lady. But she looks tuff. Sometimes she comes out from her house in to our main small street in pajamas and sits down on our neighbors’ doorstep and takes a cigarette. Really cool lady.

In the evening I took a round tour with Jukka for his birthday. We took a dry Martini in Wonder, dinner at Agalma, went by to Pots and Pans for warm up party of the new owner and ended in Red and Blue for drinks.

Wonder – Fantastic Restaurant in Rhodes. Little bit expensive but really worth it.

Agalma - Great restaurant in Rhodes town on Alexander Diakou Street. Excellent food for a very good price. I recommend any meat with “potatisgratäng”

Pots and Pans – First time for me, but it’s a restaurant with Greek, Italian and Dutch food.

Red and Blue – Gay bar in Rhodes town, for now the only one that is open. Nice personal and drinks for a very good price.

Today have been very nice and sunny day, Was out in the garden all day and fixing and cleaning for the summer. Took some pictures that I will post and then I will have before and after when all is done as I want it. Had some company for a while and first coffee in the garden today.

Today also my landlord came to see the damage that has to be fixed. With a translator on the phone I got to know that he will come and fix the holes and leaking for the winter.

Finally Mika have been sleeping most of the day as back from the operation and on pills. She has been little bit in pain but today it was much better. Hopefully Mathia will be done this week.

Now I need sleep.     

No comments: